Taste test: These chocolate balls were actually quite a bit smaller than ping-pong balls, at about a half inch in diameter.
They consisted of a light, crunchy interior made from rice and wheat and a thick layer of milk chocolate on the outside. Kind of like Maltesers but less malty (though these did content malt). They were fun to eat, as the chocolate tasted good and the interior was quite crunchy.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just a slight milk chocolate smell.
From the package: “Bolas de chocolate de leite com recheio de cereal crispy” ... “Milk chocolate balls with a filling of crispy cereal”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Portugal (6 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (157 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (128 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Seabra Supermarket, formerly Mundial Market, formerly Gol! Supermarket, formerly Supermercado Brasileiro, Somerville, Mass. Review published December 2011.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road