Taste test: This roughly Snickers-shaped candy bar had a thin chocolate coating on the outside, a thicker (but still thin) peanut butter layer inside that, and a thick, somewhat fluffy nougat layer in the center.
The taste was a pretty good combination of chocolate and peanut butter, similar to a Reese's peanut butter cup, and I could definitely taste the nougat as well. So it was kind of a like a combination of a Reese's and a Milky Way, but without the Milky Way's caramel. For a candy bar with a name like Whipps, this bar was fairly dense, though it was still less dense than a peanut butter cup. Overall, pretty good.
One stupid thing was the "40% Less Fat" claim on the label, as it raised the question, "Less fat than what?" The footnoted answer on the label is an unnamed "leading chocolate candy." That could be lots of different things, but my best guess would be a Hershey's Bar. Since Whipps isn't by most definitions a "chocolate candy" anyway, it's not a reasonable comparison. It would be like claiming that a Hershey's Bar has 100% less peanut butter than a Reese's. Well, duh.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good mild peanut butter smell.
From the package: “Light and Fluffy Peanut Butter Flavored Nougat” ... “40% Less Fat*” ... “* than the leading chocolate candy”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (79 snacks)
- Chocolate (1754 snacks)
- Bars (936 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (341 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road