Taste test: This roughly Snickers-shaped candy bar had a thin chocolate coating on the outside, a thicker (but still thin) peanut butter layer inside that, and a thick, somewhat fluffy nougat layer in the center.
The taste was a pretty good combination of chocolate and peanut butter, similar to a Reese's peanut butter cup, and I could definitely taste the nougat as well. So it was kind of a like a combination of a Reese's and a Milky Way, but without the Milky Way's caramel. For a candy bar with a name like Whipps, this bar was fairly dense, though it was still less dense than a peanut butter cup. Overall, pretty good.
One stupid thing was the "40% Less Fat" claim on the label, as it raised the question, "Less fat than what?" The footnoted answer on the label is an unnamed "leading chocolate candy." That could be lots of different things, but my best guess would be a Hershey's Bar. Since Whipps isn't by most definitions a "chocolate candy" anyway, it's not a reasonable comparison. It would be like claiming that a Hershey's Bar has 100% less peanut butter than a Reese's. Well, duh.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good mild peanut butter smell.
From the package: “Light and Fluffy Peanut Butter Flavored Nougat” ... “40% Less Fat*” ... “* than the leading chocolate candy”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (81 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road