Taste test: This variation of the standard Reese's Peanut Butter Cup looked noticeably different upon opening the package, as the top of each cup was all peanut butter. After pulling the wax paper off the first of the four cups, I found that the peanut butter reached about 1/4 of the way down the edges of the cup as well.
Upon biting in, I found that the cup consisted of three distinct substances: a thin chocolate layer at the bottom and 3/4 of the way up the sides; a smooth, sugary peanut butter layer on top; and a thicker peanut butter filling, like the filling in a regular Reese's, in the center. So there was indeed much more peanut butter than chocolate. The taste reflected this, as it tasted primarily of peanut butter — sweetened peanut butter, but still peanut butter. On one of the cups, the thin chocolate layer at the bottom stuck to the wax paper as the rest of the cup was pulled away.
I think true peanut butter lovers would be perfectly content eating a regular Reese's rather than this, as so much chocolate has been taken away that you lose a lot of the peanut butter and chocolate magic that makes a Reese's a Reese's.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely more peanut buttery than the standard Reese's smell.
From the package: “Loaded with Peanut Butter” ... “Serving Size 1 package Calories 430 Calories from Fat 230 Total Fat 25 g Saturated Fat 12g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol < 5 mg Sodium 310 mg”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (81 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road