Taste test: This version of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups definitely looked darker than the regular ones, as the exposed top of each cup had a very dark brown color.
I'm normally a much bigger fan of milk chocolate anything than dark chocolate anything, but that didn't turn out to be much of a problem here. These peanut butter cups hardly tasted like dark chocolate at all. Somehow the mix of sweet, thick peanut butter with dark chocolate made this taste largely the same as a regular Reese's. The taste was a bit different, and if I really tried, I could detect maybe some dark chocolate, but the difference was pretty slight. Dark chocolate fans might even be disappointed.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells not much different than regular Reese's
From the package: “Ingredients: Semi-Sweet Chocolate (Sugar; Chocolate; Cocoa Butter; Milk Fat; Soy Lecithin; Vanillin, artificial flavor; PGPR, emulsifier; Milk); Peanuts; Sugar; Dextrose; Salt; THBQ (preservative)”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (81 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road