The Thins came as individually wrapped pieces in a large bag. Within each foil wrapper, there was no additional wax paper holding the cup.
In terms of measurements, they were noticeably thinner than regular Reese's (40% thinner, according to the company). They looked to be about the same diameter as the standard cups, but when we measured, the diameter on top was 1-3/4 inches (vs. 2 inches for standard cups). For actual amount of snack, it was a bit over half as much, at .39 oz vs .75 oz. If you go by calories, it's 56.66 vs. 105.
The cups looked good, with smooth surfaces and generally the same look as standard cups, except thinner. We bit in to find that the taste was mostly standard Reese's, but the thinner peanut butter center made for a less intense kick of PB, while still providing about the same mix of chocolate and peanut butter in the end. The package rated the serving size at 3 cups, but that didn't seem realistic, given that there were 18 cups in the bag — it was very hard to resist eating more cups. Probably that was the whole point of making them thinner!
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular Reese's smell, great!
From the package: “Sized for delight” ... “Deliciously proportioned” ... “100% portable” ... “The orange color is a registered trademark.”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (81 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road