Taste test: This version of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup replaced the top portion of the chocolate exterior with a marshmallow-derived white substance while retaining the bottom part of the chocolate and the peanut butter interior. Upon opening the package, the marshmallow stuff was all that could be seen, with the tops of the cups showing an off-white color that resembled white chocolate. Peeling off the paper, the dividing line between marshmallow and chocolate was about halfway down the side.
I bit in to find a whole lot of sweetness to go with the peanut butter, but it really didn't taste like marshmallow at all, and I couldn't even taste much chocolate (as there was much less of it than a standard Reese's). I like peanut butter and marshmallow a lot (particularly in Fluffernutter sandwiches) but they failed to duplicate that great flavor combination here, just ending up with ultra-sweet peanut butter.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very sweet peanut butter smell, kind of like PB and marshmallow on the second whiff.
From the package: “Marshmallow flavored creme with mild chocolate naturally and artificially flavored” ... “The orange color is a registered trademark.”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (84 snacks)
- Chocolate (1824 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (351 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (138 snacks)
- Candy Cups (56 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road