Taste test: This Reese's flavor was one of several state-themed special editions that Hershey's produced across several of their candy lines, not just Reese's. I don't know how many there are in all; this was one of four that I bought (the others were California Strawberry Kit Kat, a New York Cherry Cheesecake Hershey bar and a Texas BBQ Pay Day). Reese's, if you're reading this, it would be super-cool if you could made a special-edition Reese's flavor for each of the 50 states!
I opened the wrapper to find that from the outside, the cups looked like the original Reese's cups. I bit in to find a soft feel and a taste that was a bit sweeter than your typical Reese's, while still delivering a good hit of chocolate and peanut butter. It wasn't a hugely different taste, but it was noticeably sweeter, and maybe a bit too sweet. I could also notice some honey in the aftertaste, which was nice.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not the usual Reese's smell. And on first whiff, I thought I caught a hint of cigarettes or something.
From the package: “Naturally Flavored with Other Natural Flavors” ... “220 calories per pack”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (82 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (349 snacks)
- Honey Snacks (155 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road