Taste test: This limited version of Reese's seemed to be a tie-in to the NCAA basketball tournament, as the label promised that the cups had some sort of basketball-related images.
We bought 4 packages at Target, because apparently March Madness goes on closeout sale in early May for 38 cents per pack (and they had about 100 packs on the closeout shelf). The first pack had a silhouette image of some guy dunking a basketball atop one cup, and these words "Reese's Dual Threat" on the other one. The letters and image appeared to be silkscreened onto the candy with some sort of edible white ink. The second pack had "Reese's Double Team" on one cup and a basketball uniform top with the Reese's logo and the number 1 on the other. The taste was pretty much typical Reese's, but we did notice in every single pack the the very bottom of each cup was sort of melty. The designs on the cups were kind of disappointing. The play on the "Double" and "Dual" basketball terms against the two Reese's cups was clever, but given that the shape of a Reese's is kind of like a basketball hoop, it seems like they could have been a lot more creative with the designs.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular Reese's smell. Nice.
From the package: “With Basketball Images Printed on the Cup!” ... “NCAA is a trademark of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.” ... “Reese's® is the Official Candy Partner of the NCAA®.”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (81 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road