Raisinets Snack Mix
Taste test: I’ve long been a fan of Raisinets, and I haven’t really thought about ways to improve them, let alone including them in a snack mix. For the mix, they added coconut and peanuts to the chocolate-coated raisins. Those other things made up a large part of the mix. The Raisinets themselves didn't look like quite ordinary Raisinets, as there was some white stuff, presumably coconut, that had rubbed off onto some areas of the surfaces.
As for the mix, I didn't like it that much. The coconut pieces (described as "shredded coconut" on the front and more accurate "coconut flakes" in the ingredients) didn’t taste or feel that good. The peanuts didn't work with the coconut either. I ended up digging around to find the Raisinets and avoiding the other stuff.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely different than Raisinets, though neither the peanuts nor the coconut actually dominated.
From the package: “Made in the USA with globally sourced ingredients.” ... “Coconut product of the Philippines”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Raisins (76 snacks)
- Coconut (63 snacks)
- Trail Mixes (48 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road