Taste test: These snack cakes were pretty much a clone of Twinkies, the major difference being that these were wrapped individually, rather than the two-to-a-wrapper format that Twinkies usually uses.
The cake was the same shape and color, and they had the same three holes in the bottom from when the creme was pumped into the cake. It's been a while (unfortunately!) since I've eaten any Twinkies, but the taste seemed pretty much the same to me. These were possibly a little bit less moist than Twinkies, but they were by no means too dry, and as with Twinkies, they tasted quite good. It would be easy to eat all eight of the cakes in this box in one sitting.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like Twinkies.
From the package: “individually wrapped” ... “8 creamy filled golden sponge cakes” ... “Contains wheat, eggs, soy and milk”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Save-a-Lot Food Stores Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snack Cakes (203 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Save-A-Lot Food Stores. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road