Taste test: Putting pretzels inside M&M's is a big change from the ordinary, so I was very excited when I heard about these. The art on the bag depicted an orange M&M holding up an x-ray showing that there was a knotted pretzel inside. I had no idea how they managed to fit any sort of knotted pretzel inside an M&M, so the anticipation grew as I opened the bag. It turned out that these M&M's had a much different shape than your typical M&M's, as they were roughly spherical (though a bit irregular as spheres go). Colors included blue, orange, brown and sort of a reddish light brown.
I crunched in to find that the knotted pretzels were a myth: The center of each M&M was actually a pretzel ball. Surrounding the pretzel ball was a thin layer of chocolate, then the colorful shell. The taste and texture were good, combining the usual good M&M's milk chocolate with some pretzel crunch, plus some salt. Unfortunately, there weren't all that many M&M's in the bag, and the bag felt very light, as the pretzels caused the overall density to be much lower than regular M&Ms. But still a good snack.
Shop: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular M&M's smell.
From the package: “Crunchy, salty, sweet” .... “30% less fat than average for leading chocolate brands”
Online store: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Janet Q. Review published April 2010.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road