Taste test: This tempting flavor of Pop-Tarts had a beige-colored frosting on the exterior (presumably this was the graham cracker element of the s'mores) and inside, alternating stripes of marshmallow and chocolate filling.
There are two ways to eat a Pop-Tart — right out of the bag, or toasted — and given how essential meltiness is to a s'more, it seemed pretty important to try these toasted. When I ate the first one at room temperature, the taste was OK, but the chocolate and marshmallow flavors really didn't stand out, and the dominant taste was the graham crackers. When I toasted the next one, the taste was definitely better, as the flavors were much richer, but I wouldn't say that it actually reminded me of a s'more. Indeed, the "marshmallow" portion of the filling neither felt nor tasted much like marshmallow, and I couldn't really taste much in the way of chocolate, so it wouldn't seem likely that the combination of the these elements would say "s'more" anyway.
Shop: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty good, I could actually smell some marshmallow and a bit of chocolate.
From the package: “Good source of 6 Vitamins & Minerals”
Online store: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pop-Tarts (29 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (134 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- S'mores Snacks (33 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road