Pop-Tarts Mini Crisps Frosted Chocolate
Taste test: This was a strange new take on Pop-Tarts, as Kellogg's is apparently OK with using the Pop-Tarts brand to sell something that really is nothing like Pop-Tarts. Well, almost nothing: They did look sort of like ultra-miniaturized Pop-Tarts. Each piece had a rectangular shape, about a half inch by three-quarters of an inch and very thin, and they were frosted. But otherwise, they were nothing like Pop-Tarts, as they were made from a different material (crunchier and more cereal-like), had no filling, and definitely can't be toasted.
I was expecting a chocolate taste, but they actually tasted a lot more like Golden Grahams (mmmm!), despite looking nothing like Golden Grahams. They did taste quite good. Each packet contained about a dozen pieces totaling 45 calories, and the box contained 30 packets. Having 30 packs was a good thing, because one 45-calorie pack wasn't nearly enough for a snack. But on the downside, lots of packets, each containing almost nothing, was a huge waste of packaging.
Shop: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good, sort of fudge-like smell.
From the package: “tasty baked bites” ... “with baked-in chocolate flavor”
Online store: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pop-Tarts (29 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (158 snacks)
- Miniature versions of larger snacks (73 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road