Taste test: This version of Pocky looked a lot different than typical Pocky, as the sticks were quite a bit shorter at about 3-1/2 inches long, and rather than being light in color, they were brown with an even darker brown coating over most of their lengths. We looked up the meaning of "Demitasse" and found that it might mean that there was some coffee mixed in with the chocolate — it means a small coffee cup.
We crunched in to find a fairly typical Pocky texture and a very nice chocolate taste. Our snackers were very impressed by the flavor, but nobody thought that they could taste any coffee in it — just chocolate. And there was no actual coffee listed in the ingredients. So "Demitasse" might have been referring only to the size of the sticks.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice chocolate smell.
From the package: “Ingredient: Sugar, wheat flour, cacao mass, vegetable fat, cocoa powder, whole milk powder, sweetened condensed milk, wheat protein, shortening, cocoa butter, salt, yeast, modified starch, emulsifiers (glycerin esters of fatty acids, 473, 322), flavoring, flavor enhancer (339iii), raising agent (500ii), sweetener (955). Contains soy. May contain traces of egg and peanuts.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road