Peko Poko Halloween Chocolate
Taste test: This almost-heart-shaped package contained two flat chocolate faces mounted onto sticks. Both were quite nicely detailed, with a milk chocolate color for the bulk of the candy, covered in white chocolate for the bulk of the faces, with pinkish areas for the girl's hair ribbon and tongue and the boy's bow tie.
The good detail extended beyond just the chocolate, onto the plastic sticks as well, as the bottom of each stick had a handle shaped like the corresponding face, complete with facial details matching the expression of the chocolate face.
I bit in to find that the chocolate was soft, rich, creamy and fairly sweet. And after eating all of the chocolate, it turned out that each face was held on by a circle at the top of the plastic, with yet another face in the middle of the circle, a bit smaller than the other plastic face and facing the opposite direction.
There was a good helping of chocolate in each piece, and it tasted very good, plus they were fun to look at and play with, so we were very impressed!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very sweet mild chocolate smell.
From the package: “Product of Japan” ... “Happy Halloween! with Fujiya Sweets”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (169 reviews)
- Chocolate (1729 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (379 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (86 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road