Peeps Chocolate Mousse Marshmallow Reindeer
Taste test: It too me a minute to figure out that this version of Peeps was supposed to look like the head of a reindeer, because the shape was pretty obscure (it could have been a rabbit head or any number of things) but I guess the green eyes and red nose should have given it away.
The six Peeps in the package were joined together into two groups of three and were fairly easy to separate. The exteriors had a granulated sugar feel, and the whole thing felt quite spongy, as you would expect from Peeps. Between pulling them apart and holding one to eat it, you will definitely get some sugar on your hands. The taste was OK, just mildly chocolatey and a bit marshmallowy, but nothing great. I guess it's OK to call it chocolate mousse, but it's nothing I would crave. These might work better as a decoration on cakes than as a standalone treat.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slight but very nice chocolate smell.
From the package: “Great for Decorating and Craft Projects!” ... “A Fat-Free Candy”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Peeps (4 snacks)
- Chocolate (1824 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (397 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (138 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road