Taste test: Even having eaten many odd combinations of flavors in limited-edition candy bars, the idea of adding Texas BBQ flavor to a Payday bar seemed particularly odd. This state-themed flavor was released alongside a Georgia honey-roasted Reese's.
I unwrapped it to find that it looked like a bunch of somewhat reddish honey-roasted peanuts (but these were actually BBQ peanuts, as they already did a limited-edition Honey Roasted version) held together by some beige caramel. I bit in to find that the caramel was soft and chewy, and the peanuts fairly soft too. It was kind of messy, as some peanuts went flying during some bites. It was definitely a different taste from the original Payday, as there was some barbecue seasoning on the peanuts, but it was a comparatively mild seasoning. The contrast between the barbecue flavor and the caramel was unusual, but it wasn't too weird because there just wasn't that much barbecue there. Not bad, but nothing that stood out as a flavor that I'd crave to eat again.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Could smell the BBQ peanuts on first whiff, then something sugary after that. Nice.
From the package: “Peanut Caramel Bar”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Bars (962 snacks)
- Nuts (517 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (488 snacks)
- Limited Editions (421 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (355 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road