Taste test: Even having eaten many odd combinations of flavors in limited-edition candy bars, the idea of adding Texas BBQ flavor to a Payday bar seemed particularly odd. This state-themed flavor was released alongside a Georgia honey-roasted Reese's.
I unwrapped it to find that it looked like a bunch of somewhat reddish honey-roasted peanuts (but these were actually BBQ peanuts, as they already did a limited-edition Honey Roasted version) held together by some beige caramel. I bit in to find that the caramel was soft and chewy, and the peanuts fairly soft too. It was kind of messy, as some peanuts went flying during some bites. It was definitely a different taste from the original Payday, as there was some barbecue seasoning on the peanuts, but it was a comparatively mild seasoning. The contrast between the barbecue flavor and the caramel was unusual, but it wasn't too weird because there just wasn't that much barbecue there. Not bad, but nothing that stood out as a flavor that I'd crave to eat again.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Could smell the BBQ peanuts on first whiff, then something sugary after that. Nice.
From the package: “Peanut Caramel Bar”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road