Osem Israeli Matzah Milk Chocolate
Taste test: I've never been a huge fan of matzah, but coating most things in chocolate does make them better. This box contained five half-sheets of milk chocolate-coated matzah. The coating was pretty thick.
I crunched in to find that the coating made it far better than plain matzah, but it still was not nearly as good as just plain milk chocolate, so I blame the matzah. The milk chocolate was decent but not great (it was far from the best Israeli milk chocolate we've tried).
One surprise in the taste (and complaint in some cases when we shared these around) was that in addition to the milk chocolate, there was a hint of mint. When we reviewed the chocolate mint version of Osem's matzah, people generally liked it, but not enthusiastically so, and one complaint we heard a lot was that there was too much mint. There's an argument to be made that when you get mint chocolate, you should not complain that there's too much mint. (It's kind of like mocking Keith for complaining that there's too much tuna in his tuna sandwich.) But that same argument doesn't quite hold water in this case. This was labeled as milk chocolate, and we can't remember every buying any other non-mint milk chocolate that tasted like mint. If they don't say there's mint at all, "too much mint" seems like a valid complaint.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good milk chocolate smell.
From the package: “Kosher for Passover & All Year Round”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Osem USA, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Israel (116 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Passover Snacks (34 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road