Taste test: This large, chocolate-covered wafer bar broke the standard formula for wafer bars. Inside, there were four wafer layers, but they weren't arranged in the conventional way — it was two sets of two, with a creme layer between each set, and the two sets were separated by a layer of Aero milk chocolate.
I bit in to find that it had a fairly loud crunch from the wafers, with lots of chocolate from the coating, creme layers and Aero layer. The Aero layer did indeed look like Aero in the bar's cross section, but if I hadn't known it was supposed to be Aero, I'm not sure I would have noticed by feel, taste or even look. With all of that crunch going on, the Aero bubbles were just not very noticeable. I could even see the bubbles, but I don't think I would have made the connection to Aero if I hadn't read the wrapper first. I still liked it, as the bar tasted good, provided lots of chocolate and was fairly filling while feeling relatively light.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild chocolate smell.
From the package: “Rich creamy Nestlé milk chocolate with Aero® centre and filled biscuit wafers” ... “Made in South Africa”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Lynton Karfor in South Africa. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road