Taste test: This chocolate bar from South Africa shared the word "Crisp" with Nestlé's Coffee Crisp, Toffee Crisp and Crunch Crisp bars, but it had a texture that was entirely different from any of them.
The bar had six sections running along its length, with the Nestle logo atop each one and a very shallow crevice in the milk chocolate exterior to separate the sections. When I bit in, I found a nice solid but light crunch. Looking at a cross-section, I could see a dark green interior that spanned the whole length of the bar, oblivious to the section divisions in the milk chocolate coating. The solid green stuff had tube-like airholes paralleling the length of the bar. It felt kind of like hard candy, except not nearly so hard. Some of the green stuff fell off onto the plate I was eating on, and it looked like shards of green glass. The mix of mint and milk chocolate was quite nice — it's a combination that I almost always enjoy — but it was delivered with a feel unlike any of the numerous mint chocolate snacks I've tried before. Very good!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mice mild minty chocolate smell.
From the package: “Peppermint crisp peppermint cool” ... “Manufactured by Nestle (South Africa) (Pty.) Ltd.” ... “Good to remember: Balance the Peppermint Crisp bars you enjoy with the kilojoules you burn, through regular exercise.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from South Africa (5 reviews)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Bars (954 snacks)
- Mints (163 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road