Nancy's Old Fashioned Horehound Sanded Candy Drops
Taste test: This bag of candy attracted my attention among several varieties of Nancy's Candy because of the promised horehound flavor, as I had no idea what it was. Googling around, I found that horehound is some sort of plant found in parts of Europe.
The candies had oblong shapes with brownish exteriors with some whitish areas. When I shared the bag around nearly all of our tasters were apprehensive about trying a piece, as horehound just didn't sound appealing. But those who did all liked the flavor a lot — we didn't hear any complaints. It seemed to be almost entirely sugar, but there was a hint of something roughly akin to a root beer candy, though milder and not the same taste. Good stuff, and motivation to try new things!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild.
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Nancy's Candy Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Nancy's Candy Co. factory, Meadows of Dan, Virginia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road