Nancy's Old Fashioned Horehound Sanded Candy Drops
Taste test: This bag of candy attracted my attention among several varieties of Nancy's Candy because of the promised horehound flavor, as I had no idea what it was. Googling around, I found that horehound is some sort of plant found in parts of Europe.
The candies had oblong shapes with brownish exteriors with some whitish areas. When I shared the bag around nearly all of our tasters were apprehensive about trying a piece, as horehound just didn't sound appealing. But those who did all liked the flavor a lot — we didn't hear any complaints. It seemed to be almost entirely sugar, but there was a hint of something roughly akin to a root beer candy, though milder and not the same taste. Good stuff, and motivation to try new things!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild.
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Nancy's Candy Co.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Nancy's Candy Co. factory, Meadows of Dan, Virginia. Review published August 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road