Taste test: This package contained six individually wrapped twin-packs of wafers, each with two layers of peanut butter between three wafer layers, plus a chocolate coating on the entire surface.
It's the same basic recipe as a cafeteria staple with a similar name from way back in grade school, Hostess Peanut Butter Wafers, or Nutty Bars from Little Debbie. The nutrition label said that one wafer is one serving, but that's kind of unrealistic for a couple of reasons. First, since two wafers come wrapped together, it's inconvenient to have to re-wrap the second one. Second, they're sufficiently delicious that eating just two isn't realistic either. If you've got the box with you, you're unlikely to eat less than four of these bars. Just great.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good smell, much more peanut butter than chocolate.
From the package: “100% Recycled Paperboard®” ... “look for our wide variety of quality snacks ... Moist, wholesome and delicious, one of them is sure to be your special favorite! Mrs. Freshley's® products are the finest high-quality snack foods available to you and your family. They have to be — Mrs. Freshley won't have it any other way!"”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Flowers Foods
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (349 snacks)
- Wafer bars (137 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road