Morinaga Chocoball Caramel
Taste test: This small box featured some colorful bird-like creatures on the front, but it contained chocolate and caramel candies, not any sort of bird products. We opened the box to find the small candies were round-ish with shiny chocolate exteriors, The shapes varied and generally were not quite spherical and had a smooth appearance. The actual candies were much darker than the ones pictured next to the birds on the package, but it was still more of a milk chocolate color than dark chocolate.
We bit in to find a dense feel, chewable but not particularly soft, with a pretty good mix of chocolate and caramel. The chocolate wasn't melty, so when we tried sucking on some pieces, it took quite a while to dissolve the outer chocolate and reach the caramel interior. Indeed, there was enough glaze on the outside that during the initial sucking I couldn't even taste the chocolate. And even after sucking away all the chocolate, the caramel wasn't particularly soft either. If you crave chocolate and caramel, these were not anywhere near as good as the dearly departed Pom-Poms, nor Rolos, but still an OK mix of chocolate and caramel.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of an odd car male and chocolate smell.
From the package: “Serving Size 1.02 oz Servings per container 1”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (171 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (128 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road