Taste test: This package contained a tray with five sections, each holding a stack of two of this latest version of the Maltesers. Each piece was shaped like three conjoined bubbles with a flat bottom, covered in smooth milk chocolate all over, with a crunchy, cookie-like interior. The chocolate felt a bit melty on the fingertips.
I crunched in to find that the cookie interior had a nice crunch, with plenty of mint chocolate to mix with the cookie and taste very good. The package described the interior as "honeycomb" but really it seemed far more like a cookie. I think this one deviated way too far from the original Maltesers concept. Yes, it had crunchy stuff inside, but wasn't the point of Maltesers (and the derivation of their name) that the crunchy stuff is malted milk, not merely anything crunchy?
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mint chocolate smell.
From the package: “Mint flavored flavoured biscuits containing crisp honeycomb pieces coated in milk chocolate” ... “Number of portions and portion size: Approx. 5 x 22g ”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Maltesers (8 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Chocolate (1809 snacks)
- Bars (956 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road