Taste test: This snack was basically a mini marshmallow pie: round, about three-quarters of an inch thick and an inch and a half in diameter, with a milk chocolate exterior.
I bit in to find an interior consisting of two yellow, crumbly, cookie-like layers surrounding the marshmallow layer. It was fairly sweet but not overly sweet, and the variety of textures — from crumbly cookie to smooth chocolate to spongy marshmallow — was nice. The big change here was size, and the small pie worked well, as it was better for a very quick snack than the larger marshmallow pies. But like those bigger ones, there was still a risk of crumbs. Very good!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice! Maybe like a chocolate-coated graham cracker.
From the package: “Galleta fortificada”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (122 reviews)
- Chocolate (1729 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (192 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (129 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Oscar Enrique Corripio in Mexico. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road