Taste test: We bought these knockoff Rice Krispies Treats because the design of the box was such a clear ripoff of the trade dress of Kellogg's-branded Rice Krispies Treats that we just couldn't resist. (See this one for comparison.) All they did was swap the words "Rice" and "Krispies" (and changed "Krispies" to "Crispy") as they kept the curved arrangement of those words just like the real thing. Both boxes also showed a single treat being pulled apart into perfect halves, with the marshmallow in between getting all stretchy (which really didn't happen like that for us in either case).
The box contained eight individually wrapped bricks in foil wrappers. I opened one and bit in to find a firm but chewy feel and a good taste, about the same as the official packaged Rice Krispies Treats (but probably inferior to most homemade ones you've had). Hard to resist eating two or three of these in one sitting.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good marshmallow smell, just like Rice Krispies Treats.
From the package: “No high fructose corn syrup” ... “Crispy marshmallow squares” ... “Product of USA”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Aldi, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Aldi Foods. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road