Taste test: This version of the Milky Way bar did away with the chocolate nougat part of the interior and expanded the caramel to compensate, while retaining the milk chocolate coating.
I bit in to find that the chocolate coating was thick, and the caramel was creamy and soft, though not even close to liquidy. I almost always like the combination of milk chocolate and caramel, and I thought it was pretty good in this case, but I have to question the whole point of this bar. By what standard should this be considered to be a Milky Way? The chocolate nougat is what makes a Milky Way distinctive, and without it, this just tasted pretty much like any other chocolate and caramel bar. If Mars wants to sell a caramel and chocolate bar, that's fine, but this seemed like nothing but an attempt to milk (pun intended) the Milky Way name while selling something else entirely.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild caramel smell.
From the package: “Real milk chocolate surrounding nothing but rich delicious caramel” ... “Mars real chocolate”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Milky Way (9 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road