Taste test: This bar looked like an ordinary Milk Way from the outside, with the same shape, milk chocolate exterior and ripples on top. But it promised marshmallow, which is not part of the usual Milky Way formula.
I bit in and looked at the bar's profile to see that the interior was about 80% bright white marshmallow (on the bottom) topped by melty caramel. But oddly, it didn't taste all that much like marshmallow. The caramel and chocolate were strong enough relative to the marshmallow that it was dominated by them. Also, despite the prominence of the word Marshmallow on the wrapper, the description in smaller type said "Smooth Nougat" so it seems it wasn't a strict marshmallow that replaced the usual Milky Way nougat. That would have been fine if they hadn't advertised it so prominently as being a marshmallow bar, since the taste was still pretty good. But those expecting lots of marshmallow with probably be disappointed.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good mix chocolate and marshmallow.
From the package: “Rich Chocolate • Chewy Caramel • Smooth Nougat” ... “Limited Edition” ... “Made in Canada”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1775 snacks)
- Bars (942 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (336 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (132 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road