Taste test: This variation on the standard Milky Way bar kept two of the three elements in place, with the same milk chocolate coating and caramel layer near the top, while swapping out the Milky Way's nougat layer for a darker, fudge-flavored nougat.
I bit in to find a similar texture and a taste that wasn't entirely different, but the overall level of chocolate was certainly a lot higher. I've never complained that there wasn't enough chocolate in a Milky Way, and it provides a nice balance of caramel and chocolate. I did find it somewhat harder to notice the caramel in this one, but I could still notice some caramel, and I did like the taste. All in all, I'd stick with the original, but if you just need a stronger hit of choclate, this might be the bar for you.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good caramel and chocolate smell, not that different from a regular Milky Way.
From the package: “Partially produced with genetic engineering.” ... “Product of Canada” ... “Artificial and natural flavors” ... “Milk chocolate | Creamy caramel | Fudge nougat”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Milky Way (9 snacks)
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Bars (954 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (343 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road