Taste test: This version of the Milky Way bar looked like a regular Milky Way from the outside, with the same overall shape and a smooth milk chocolate exterior featuring some subtle ripples on top.
I bit in to find that the beneath the chocolate coating, the interior was divided between a caramel top-third and a white nougat bottom two-thirds. The nougat was very, very white, so it almost looked like coconut, but thankfully, it didn't feel like coconut (nor taste like it, for that matter). But just not being coconut didn't mean the white stuff was particularly good, as it was very, very sweet. It did taste like French vanilla, but they really went a bit overboard on the sweetness, as it interfered with my ability to enjoy the milk chocolate and caramel.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good caramel and chocolate smell. Maybe a hint of vanilla.
From the package: “Rich Chocolate • Creamy Caramel • Smooth Nougat” ... “Artificial Flavors”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Milky Way (9 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Vanilla Snacks (29 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road