Taste test: This limited-edition version of the Milky Way bar promised the taste of a caramel apple, as they replaced the original Milky Way's chocolate nougat with an apple-flavored nougat and left the caramel layer and milk chocolate exterior as is.
I bit in to find that it didn't taste much like a caramel apple. There were hints of caramel apple on some bites, but the nougat and chocolate really threw the taste in a different direction, so the overall impression was just a somewhat weird taste, not really much like a caramel apple. At the same time, the taste was different enough from the original Milky Way (which I like a lot) that it didn't seem like a Milky Way at all — and that's a bad thing for the Milky Way brand. There were lots of the mini pieces in this bag, so we shared them with lots of our snackers. Nobody was a huge fan, but most thought the taste was OK, while a handful wait it was really awful.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not really like a caramel apple, but there was lots of caramel and a hint of apple.
From the package: “Limited Harvest Flavor”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Milky Way (9 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Bars (954 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (343 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (80 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road