Taste test: This limited-edition version of the Milky Way bar promised the taste of a caramel apple, as they replaced the original Milky Way's chocolate nougat with an apple-flavored nougat and left the caramel layer and milk chocolate exterior as is.
I bit in to find that it didn't taste much like a caramel apple. There were hints of caramel apple on some bites, but the nougat and chocolate really threw the taste in a different direction, so the overall impression was just a somewhat weird taste, not really much like a caramel apple. At the same time, the taste was different enough from the original Milky Way (which I like a lot) that it didn't seem like a Milky Way at all — and that's a bad thing for the Milky Way brand. There were lots of the mini pieces in this bag, so we shared them with lots of our snackers. Nobody was a huge fan, but most thought the taste was OK, while a handful wait it was really awful.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not really like a caramel apple, but there was lots of caramel and a hint of apple.
From the package: “Limited Harvest Flavor”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Milky Way (9 snacks)
- Chocolate (1761 snacks)
- Bars (938 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (334 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (77 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road