MilkBoy Finest Swiss Alpine Milk Chocolate with crunchy Caramel and Sea Salt
Taste test: This large, thin chocolate bar had a 2x5 grid of large rectangular sections, with illustrations of cocoa pods on the tops of each one, closed and opened versions on alternating sections. The promise of crunchy caramel and sea salt inside had me intrigued. I broke off two sections and didn't see any clear signs of the caramel on top, bottom or cross-section, but the cross-section did look somewhat gritty.
I bit in to find that there was indeed something crunchy hidden inside, with a great taste that had bits of caramel as well as some contrasting salt. It reminded me a bit of the toffee/milk chocolate combination in Skor and Heath, though there was a much higher proportion of chocolate in this case. Whatever proportion of crunchy caramel there was proved sufficient to liven up some already excellent milk chocolate. Really nice!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty mild, but I could notice both caramel and milk chocolate.
From the package: “Every spring, processions of local dairy farmers and their cattle leave villages villages at the foot of the Swiss mountains to climb to the lush alpine pastureland that will be their home in the months ahead. Their departure is marked by festivities as the villages give husbands, fathers and brothers a rousing send-off. The young boys and girls wear local costume and accompany the procession as it leaves the village. Some of the boys are dressed as herdsmen and carry carved milk pails like the boy of the MilkBoy logo.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Switzerland (19 reviews)
- Chocolate (1775 snacks)
- Bars (942 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (336 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Karl's Sausage Kitchen & European Market. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road