Taste test: We've reviewed a number of snacks over the years that were ball-shaped and combined a caramel core with a milk chocolate coating, including Junior Caramels and Iceland's Kúlur. In some cases, we compared them to Milk Duds, but somehow we never actually reviewed Milk Duds. Until now. So here we go!
I opened the box to find that these Milk Duds weren't particularly spherical, as they were all sort of mushed spheres. After reading up on Wikipedia's history of Milk Duds, it seems that the mushed shapes were not by design, at least originally, but the "Duds" name actually refers to the failure to successfully create anything resembling a sphere. These were much farther from being spheres than those other kinds. Duds or not, I liked the texture and taste quite a bit, with a great just-soft-enough feel and excellent mix of chocolate and caramel, a bit more slanted to the chocolate end of the spectrum than those other two, but still plenty of caramel.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mix of caramel and milk chocolate.
From the package: “Gluten Free As Always” ... “6 grams of fat per 39 gram serving vs. 9 grams of fat in average of leading chocolate candy brands.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (128 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road