Taste test: This box contained four fairly large, hollow, turkey-shaped chocolates. A similar concept has been done many times with rabbits, but as far as I'm aware, this is the first one with turkeys. It looked to be a whole lot of chocolate from even just one of them, as each one stood at over 2 inches tall and was fairly plump — as turkeys tend to be — with good detailing in the shapes.
As big as each turkey looked, it turned out that the chocolate shell was fairly thin, so it didn't take very long to eat the whole turkey, and really it wasn't an outrageous amount of chocolate to eat in one sitting (the package said it's 160 calories per piece). The taste was good; it wasn't outstanding chocolate, but it was definitely better than your typical cheap holiday-themed chocolates.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good sweet milk chocolate smell.
From the package: “This cocoa quartet has grown famous for combining driving bass lines of smooth milk chocolate with a fearlessly festive fashion sense. Fans of the genre would be wise to gobble up their self-titled debut album, an exploration of the themes 'dessert,' 'centerpieces' and 'feathered hairstyles.' ” ... “Product of Romania”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Romania (2 reviews)
- Chocolate (1723 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (376 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (86 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road