Taste test: This box contained four fairly large, hollow, turkey-shaped chocolates. A similar concept has been done many times with rabbits, but as far as I'm aware, this is the first one with turkeys. It looked to be a whole lot of chocolate from even just one of them, as each one stood at over 2 inches tall and was fairly plump — as turkeys tend to be — with good detailing in the shapes.
As big as each turkey looked, it turned out that the chocolate shell was fairly thin, so it didn't take very long to eat the whole turkey, and really it wasn't an outrageous amount of chocolate to eat in one sitting (the package said it's 160 calories per piece). The taste was good; it wasn't outstanding chocolate, but it was definitely better than your typical cheap holiday-themed chocolates.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good sweet milk chocolate smell.
From the package: “This cocoa quartet has grown famous for combining driving bass lines of smooth milk chocolate with a fearlessly festive fashion sense. Fans of the genre would be wise to gobble up their self-titled debut album, an exploration of the themes 'dessert,' 'centerpieces' and 'feathered hairstyles.' ” ... “Product of Romania”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Romania (2 reviews)
- Chocolate (1763 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (387 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road