Taste test: This version of Mike and Ike promised six different flavors that each delivered elements from a well-loaded sundae. With the exception of the cherry on top, they all corresponded to things that I like. So here we go:
Chocolate Fudge: The darkish brown pieces were sweet and had a hint of chocolate, but they didn't at all say Chocolate Fudge to me, and certainly not the hot chocolate fudge atop a sundae. They tasted remotely like Tootsie Rolls. Caramel Drizzle: Sweet and only remotely caramel-like. Not anything like a caramel sauce. Banana Split: Kind of your typical candied banana taste, so only remotely like an actual banana. Vanilla Ice Cream: Sorry, but it really didn't taste like vanilla ice cream. Crushed Pineapple: Very mild as pineapple tastes go, but it did at least resemble the taste of pineapple. But still needed a lot more fruit taste. I saved Cherries on Top for last, mostly because I couldn't find any red pieces. I ended up pouring the container into a bowl just to find a red piece. Surprisingly, it was actually not bad at all, a good sweet taste that was quite fruity (way more than the pineapple ones) without tasting cherry-like in a bad way.
All in all, with five of the six flavors beige subpar, this was one of the more disappointing Mike and Ike boxes, unable to taste anything like a good sundae, individually or in combinations.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty much none. Definitely not like a sundae.
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1777 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (439 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (336 snacks)
- Vanilla Snacks (29 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Hannaford. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road