Taste test: This version of Mike and Ike had the usual shapes, with a pale yellow color.
Having had some Jelly Belly beans that were supposed to taste like buttered popcorn — and did — I expected this candy to at least meet that standard. It did not. At times, the flavor seemed to very vaguely resemble butter or popcorn, but it was far from a dead-on match, and if I weren't looking for the buttered popcorn taste, I might not have noticed even those vague resemblances. Disappointing.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of smells like a movie theater. But not that strongly of buttered popcorn.
From the package: “Chewy Buttered Popcorn Flavored Candies” ... “Featured flavor!” ... “Naturally & artificially flavored” ... “Mike and Ike® Buttered Popcorn flavored chewy candies were first introduced in 2004. These candies are now back by popular demand! These delicious candies are just as enjoyable as the real thing! Grab a handful and enjoy!” ... “Partially produced with genetic engineering”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road