Taste test: These gummies took on six fruit flavors and two shapes far different from any we've seen before — the upper and lower peninsulas of the state of Michigan. We opened the bag to find that the colors were quite a bit different from what was pictured — there were some pieces that were clearly orange, despite none of the flavors or colors on the bag meeting that description. The bright blue ones shown were really teal.
As for the shapes, the surprise was that the proportions were wrong. On the bag, they lined up the upper and lower parts of the state to show the familiar shape, but in reality, the lower peninsula was proportionally too small, and the shapes of the lower Michigan ones weren't quite right.
The gummies had a a dry feel in the hands and a chewy feel in the mouth. The flavors were described on the bag as cherry, raspberry, apple, grape, strawberry and watermelon, and all of the fruit flavors were very good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, nice fruit smells.
From the package: “making people happy with gummy candy flavors from The Great Lakes State!” ... “We just like things (especially candy) that make us happy! That's why we're sharing the flavors of the Great Lakes State's world-famous cherries, raspberries, apples, grapes, strawberries & watermelon.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Opus Products LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered in Detroit. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road