Taste test: These gummies took on six fruit flavors and two shapes far different from any we've seen before — the upper and lower peninsulas of the state of Michigan. We opened the bag to find that the colors were quite a bit different from what was pictured — there were some pieces that were clearly orange, despite none of the flavors or colors on the bag meeting that description. The bright blue ones shown were really teal.
As for the shapes, the surprise was that the proportions were wrong. On the bag, they lined up the upper and lower parts of the state to show the familiar shape, but in reality, the lower peninsula was proportionally too small, and the shapes of the lower Michigan ones weren't quite right.
The gummies had a a dry feel in the hands and a chewy feel in the mouth. The flavors were described on the bag as cherry, raspberry, apple, grape, strawberry and watermelon, and all of the fruit flavors were very good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, nice fruit smells.
From the package: “making people happy with gummy candy flavors from The Great Lakes State!” ... “We just like things (especially candy) that make us happy! That's why we're sharing the flavors of the Great Lakes State's world-famous cherries, raspberries, apples, grapes, strawberries & watermelon.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Opus Products LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered in Detroit. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road