Maynards Sour Wine Gums
Taste test: These gummy snacks were round and very thick, with a variety of colors but also lots of sugary-looking white stuff on the surfaces that dulled all of the colors a bit. The bag showed a crown atop each piece, but the rough surfaces made it hard to see the crown markings.
I bit into an orange one to find a good fruit taste, actually a lot like an orange, with a very chewy texture, far chewier than your typical gummy. Likewise for lemon and grape: nice fruit flavors, a great match to the fruit and not overly sweet. They were a;ll just as chewy. As for sour, there wasn't much, as the flavor was just a bit sour, concentrated mostly in the aftertaste.
Of course, the whole reason we we eager to try these was that they were "Wine Gums" — but as for wine, there wasn't any. Never mind that corkscrew shown on the bag drilling into the red piece. The back of the bag said that they didn't contain wine, and they didn't taste anything like it. But they were very tasty fruit snacks.
Shop: Buy gummies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Somewhat sour fruit smell.
From the package: “To be enjoyed as part of an active, healthy lifestyle” ... “Ingredients: Glucose Syrup, Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, Gelatin, Acetic Acid, Calcium Nitrate, Malic Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavours, Colour (with Tartrazine). Contains no wine.” ... “A fat free food/Un aliment sans gras”
Online store: Buy gummies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Gummy Candies (70 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Scott Yellow Goldstein. Review published December 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road