Taste test: From the outside, this revival of the Mars bar looked like a Snickers, except a little less thick, and flat on top rather than having textured ripples.
I bit to to find that most of the thickness of the bar consisted of a nougat layer, with a thin caramel layer on top of that. The outside was coated with milk chocolate. On the first bite, I didn't taste or feel any almond, but for each bite after that, it became clear that there were some almonds within the nougat layer. In fact, quite a few almonds, with a definite almond taste and soft crunch. The chocolate, nougat and caramel were a nice combination, and the almonds were a sharp contrast to the rest in both taste and texture. This bar leads me to believe that peanuts go better in a candy bar than almonds, as they taste better with the sweet stuff than almonds do, but it was still pretty good.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mild chocolate and caramel smell.
From the package: “Creamy Caramel & Nougat” ... “May contain peanuts”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road