Taste test: From the outside, this revival of the Mars bar looked like a Snickers, except a little less thick, and flat on top rather than having textured ripples.
I bit to to find that most of the thickness of the bar consisted of a nougat layer, with a thin caramel layer on top of that. The outside was coated with milk chocolate. On the first bite, I didn't taste or feel any almond, but for each bite after that, it became clear that there were some almonds within the nougat layer. In fact, quite a few almonds, with a definite almond taste and soft crunch. The chocolate, nougat and caramel were a nice combination, and the almonds were a sharp contrast to the rest in both taste and texture. This bar leads me to believe that peanuts go better in a candy bar than almonds, as they taste better with the sweet stuff than almonds do, but it was still pretty good.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mild chocolate and caramel smell.
From the package: “Creamy Caramel & Nougat” ... “May contain peanuts”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road