Taste test: This bar's wrapper looked a lot like some of the other bars from Wawel, but the language on the label made the filling a bit mysterious. The English version of the description used the word "advocaat" — which isn't an English word at all. Did they mean avocado? The Polish version of the description translated by Google as "bar stuffed with milk chocolate." Milk chocolate inside a milk chocolate bar? That seemed unlikely. The Polish word used in the main name, Adwokat, means lawyer, and I was really hoping that they didn't stuff a lawyer into the bar. Googling around, I found that Advocaat is the Dutch word for an alcoholic, eggnog-like beverage.
The bar had six filled sections, with the Wawel logo atop each. I bit in to find a very soft feel and an OK taste, but I really don't know what it was. It was very sweet and sort of fruit-like, and strange, so that Dutch beverage could be it. The color of the filling was less caramel-like than shown in the picture, as it was quite a bit lighter. Not really an actively bad taste, but a strange one. Not one I'd buy again, except maybe as a gift from someone who likes to drink Advocaat.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of weird. Maybe a bit alcoholic, like the ???? bar.
From the package: “milk chocolate bar with advocaat filling” ... “baton nadziewany z czekolady mlecznej” ... “Made in Poland”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Poland (93 reviews)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Bars (954 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road