Taste test: This version of M&M's, rolled out alongside also-crunchy Espresso and Raspberry flavors, promised to bring some crunch to a candy brand not usually associated with crunch. They came in three colors: bright green, very light green and brown. Many of the pieces looked lumpier than your typical M&M's.
I crunched in to find a light but noticeable crunch and a good helping of minty chocolate taste. When I bit open a cross-section, it looked like there were two different substances within the shells, both about the same shade of brown, but the substance in the core appeared the be providing the cookie-like crunch. The chocolate taste didn't remind me at all of the typical M&M's chocolate, but I still liked this chocolate-mint combo.
Shop: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate mint smell.
From the package: “Partially Produced with Genetic Engineering.” ... “180 calories per pack”
Online store: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All M&M's (55 snacks)
- Chocolate (1810 snacks)
- Mints (163 snacks)
- Soft Candy (68 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road