Taste test: These M&M's had textured patterns on their surfaces unlike any we've seen on M&M's since the demise of the Premiums M&M's sub-brand. They didn't glow quite the way the Premiums did, but they did have an impressive look. Some of the pieces did, anyway — the texture was very pronounced on about half of them and subtle on the others. Those with lots of texture had lots of smattered light spots or even a domination of light spots on the generally dark surfaces, not quite a black-and-white look as pictured on the bag, as the tints of the light areas varied from one piece to the next. Those with less texture had minimal, smaller light spots.
I bit in to find a taste that was a lot like cookies and cream-flavored other things. A look at a cross-section revealed a white chocolate core inside a dark area within the shell. When I was patient enough to suck on a piece, I could taste the progression from dark chocolate to white as it dissolved in my mouth. Nice, and definitely a different taste from any other kinds of M&M's!
Shop: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly dark chocolate, but probably some white mixed in too. Nice.
From the package: “Dark chocolate & white chocolate” ... “Partially produced with genetic engineering.”
Online store: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All M&M's (55 snacks)
- Chocolate (1810 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
- Soft Candy (68 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road