Taste test: This large, thin chocolate bar came in a cardboard box just slightly larger than the bar.
The box had a neat opening device, a perforated tab on one corner of the back of the box that, once ripped off, allowed an envelope-like tab to open the end of the box. Inside the inner foil wrapper was a 6x4 grid of detachable sections, each bearing the Lotte logo. The chocolate was a bit darker in color than most milk chocolate bars, though still several shades lighter than your typical dark chocolate. The taste was creamy but very rich, almost like an intense chocolate cake. Eating just a section or two was quite satisfying, so I could easily avoid eating the whole bar in one sitting. (The nutrition label said the whole bar was one serving, with 330 calories, 170 fat calories, 19g of total fat, 11g of saturated fat and 2g of trans fat.) With the 24 total sections, I think I could space this bar out into at least five separate snacks.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good milk chocolate smell.
From the package: “Creamy milk and the richness of cacao” ... “New Standard Chocolate” ... “Lotte 60th Anniversary”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Nishimoto Trading Co. Ltd.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kotobukiya in the Porter Exchange, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published December 2008.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road