Kris Kringle Crackle
Taste test: This chocolate bar promised to have something very unusual embedded inside — partially popped popcorn (specifically the Halfpops brand of it), which even without the chocolate has been a relatively rare category of snacks. And a very divisive one — we've found that people either love the taste and feel of these things or hate it.
The bar was fairly thick and had a 2x4 section grid, with a wavy pattern on top but no logo of either Seattle Chocolates or Halfpops.
I crunched in to find a fairly creamy taste (as dark chocolates go) and an impressive crunch each time that I encountered a HalfPop. Some sections had a higher density of Halfpops than others, but generally there were a lot of them. Those bits were definitely crunchier than ordinary popcorn, and indeed quite crunchy, without being really solid or hard. And each time that happened, there was some popcorn taste. A bold change from the usual, pretty good!
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice dark chocolate smell.
From the package: “Dark chocolate truffle bar with Halfpops™ Half-Popped Popcorn” ... “Here a POP, there a POP, everywhere a HalfPop™” ... “Kosher Dairy” ... “Women Owned”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Seattle Chocolate Company
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Bars (954 snacks)
- Popcorn (570 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
This snack was discovered by Andrew Schwartz. Review published January 2016.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road