Taste test: This special Halloween version of Kit Kat broke with the usual bar design by not just adding some Halloween-themed elements (a ghost emerging from the moon and the words "Happy Hauntings") to the design — they also had those design elements span multiple sections of the four-finger bar, thus challenging the integrity of the traditional four sections.
When I saw that, I thought that it would affect the way the bar broke. Kit Kat bars always break quite cleanly, and it just seemed unlikely to happen with the thick chocolate of the moon interfering with the indentation between the sections. It turned out that I was right, and the sections did not break cleanly. The chocolate edges from three of the section became part of the adjacent sections. That didn't affect the taste or even the experience much, as the light crunch and chocolate taste were as good as we've come to expect from Kit Kat.
Shop: Buy Kit Kat on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The usual Kit Kat milk chocolate smell, very nice.
From the package: “1 of 4 spooky bar designs” ... “Dare to find what's inside!” ... “Crisp Wafers in Milk Chocolate”
Online store: Buy Kit Kat on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kit Kat (42 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Wafer bars (137 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road