Taste test: The Kit Kat bars in this package from Japan came in smallish 2-finger form, with a light green color on the outside. Having reviewed quite a few wasabi and horseradish snacks over the years, we still had no idea what to expect from this one, as wasabi in a candy bar seemed like a whole other thing.
I crunched in to find the expected Kit Kat texture and mostly a white chocolate taste (green chocolate?!), which wasn't at all what I expected — I was thinking there would be some serious wasabi zing. There was a brief hint of flavor that whispered "wasabi" to me, but without an actual wasabi zing.
I shared around the rest of the bars with other snackers, and my experience was fairly typical. Some didn't notice the wasabi at all, while most noticed a momentary hit of wasabi flavor, but not really any of the legendary wasabi burn. Most people liked the taste, though.
Shop: Buy Kit Kat on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like white chocolate
Online store: Buy Kit Kat on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kit Kat (42 snacks)
- Snacks from Japan (171 reviews)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Wafer bars (137 snacks)
- Wasabi or Horseradish Chips (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was discovered by Lucinda. Review published December 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road