Taste test: This box from Japan contained three individually wrapped packs, each containing a smallish two-finger light green Kit Kat bar.
I bit in to find a taste quite unlike any of the many other Kit Kat flavors we've reviewed. I'm no tea drinker, except very occasionally at Chinese restaurants (and with much sugar added), and I'm certainly not a tea connoisseur. I don't think I've ever had green tea. So there's not a whole lot for me to compare the taste to. But having said that, I didn't like the taste much. Not so bad that I had to spit anything out, but normally I can eat as much Kit Kat as is put in front of me; in this case, one of the three packs was more than enough. But when I shared the others bars with green tea-drinking snackers, they liked the taste a lot and said it tasted exactly like green tea.
Shop: Buy Kit Kat on Amazon #ad
Smell test: On first whiff, I smelled a bit of white chocolate, but after that, definitely tea.
From the package: “Made in Japan” ... “Have a break, have a Kit Kat.®”
Online store: Buy Kit Kat on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kit Kat (42 snacks)
- Snacks from Japan (171 reviews)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Wafer bars (137 snacks)
- Beverage-themed (20 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by John Franklin. Review published January 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road