Taste test: This two-toned version of the Kit Kat bar (a follow-up to Mint + Dark Chocolate) sounded a bit weird, because while ostensibly combining two different flavors, these two flavors have an obvious connection — mocha is already chocolate and coffee. So if you combine mocha with chocolate, don't you still end up with mocha?
To achieve the two-tone effect, the section bottoms had a dark chocolate color, and the mocha tops were a medium beige, also bearing some darker spots. Based on the description on the wrapper, those spots looked to be bits of coffee beans.
I bit in to find that the interior wafers were close in color to that top coating, which appeared to be very thin. The mocha taste was plenty creamy with a good level of sweetness. The totality was more coffee than chocolate, despite the "Mocha + Chocolate" name, which you would think would push it toward chocolate end of the scale. I didn't notice any particular feel from those dark "coffee bits."
The bar went well with cold milk. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Kit Kat on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Way more coffee than chocolate, sweet but not very.
From the package: “Crisp wafers in mocha crème with coffee bits + chocolate” ... “210 calories per 1 pack”
Online store: Buy Kit Kat on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kit Kat (42 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Wafer bars (137 snacks)
- Coffee Snacks (41 snacks)
- Two Flavors (22 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road