Taste test: This package contained 24 individually wrapped candies, each of which was about the size of a large piece of gum.
Each piece had a foil/wax paper wrapper inside a paper wrapper, and it was a bit tough to get the wrappers open. That was unfortunate, because once I managed to open the first one, I found out that these were quite a bit different than any of the many other chocolate and peanut butter snacks we've had, and they were really good, so the difficult wrapper delayed my enjoyment of each piece. The candies had a peanut-like color and a soft, even consistency, with no whole nuts or even chopped nuts, and also no chocolate as its own entity — just a uniform substance made from both chocolate and peanuts. The consistency was sort of like compressed, slightly moistened powder, so if I wasn't careful, it didn't hold together and made kind of a mess. But with all of that work to eat this came a tasty reward.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice, more peanutty than chocolatey.
From the package: “Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, cane sugar, milk powder, cocoa powder & flavoring” ... “Serving Size 4 pieces (40g) Servings Per Container 6 Calories 180 Calories from Fat 50” ... “Product of the Philippines”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the Philippines (62 reviews)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Bars (954 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road