Taste test: The orange and black fillings in this edition of Junior Mints seemed like a fun variation on the classic. However, as soon as I was ready to eat some to do this review, I realized that changing the internal color of a Junior Mint is sort of an impractical change to even notice. They're a single-bite snack, so there's normally no opportunity to see the filling.
As such, I decided to take the unusual set of biting off half of a piece to check out the inside before consuming the rest. The first one was black inside, and frankly, it didn't look all that appetizing. I had to find an orange one, so I kept eating ... and eating and eating, as the first eight pieces all had black centers. Finally got an orange one for number nine, and the bit-open profile of an orange one didn't look that good either. Yes, it was orange, but it wasn't nearly as attractive as the one shown on the box. The taste was standard Junior Mints, but this special edition seemed hardly worth the bother.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice minty smell, as usual.
From the package: “Limited edition with black and orange centers” ... “Enjoy Spooktacular fun with our Halloween edition mints. Don't be frightened — they're the same great-tasting Junior Mints, all dressed up for the holiday with orange and black centers.” ... “Product sold by weight not volume. Contents tend to settle after packaging.” ... “Produced in a facility that does not use peanuts, tree nuts or gluten.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Tootsie Roll Industries Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Junior Mints (6 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Mints (163 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road